Thursday, December 25, 2014

My Musical Advent Calendar

"Christmas Must Be Tonight" /
My Morning Jacket


And then on Christmas Eve itself you get so busy doing all the rituals -- wrapping the presents, filling the stockings, watching A Christmas Story on cable -- that you completely forget to open the last door on your advent calendar.

But when you do -- probably after dinner on Christmas Day -- there's a baby Jesus in a manger and the whole nativity scene, which is after all the point of the advent countdown.

So here's my nativity scene, courtesy of My Morning Jacket -- a faithfully Americana cover of this 1977 modern carol song by The Band. 


And because it's a holiday, I'll let the song speak for itself -- except to add, Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

wwolfe said...

Now that Christmas is over, I finally had time to listen to all your Christmas songs. (That's the season in a nutshell, I suppose.) Thanks for putting all the time and thought into selecting and writing about these songs. The Lauper, Sexsmith, and Crenshaw tunes meant a lot to me, in particular, although I enjoyed every one you chose. Have a happy New Year, Holly.